Sunday, February 28, 2010

SNOWBOARDING, BABY!!




For Glennie's big 3-0 birthday we all went up to Brighton Resort for some AWESOME snowboarding. I mean, you know, I nearly broke my wrist off from the falls but it was great. The views were SPECTACULAR and my only regret is not taking more photos. The days were awesome with beautiful blue skies.

I tried my hand at some intermediate runs (with the moral support of Valeri) and we rocked the kasbah. I wasn't carving or anything and I was lucky if I managed to used my back edge instead of relying solely on my front - but I am improving - I am sensing great things to come!






THREE WEEKS LATER....

Phil, Cameron and I took on The Canyons. The largest snow park in all of North America. Boy was it a sight to behold. Lift to lift, to slope down to slope. We boarded all day until noon just to get to the run we wanted....then I got starved and we boarded back to the truck. Literally grabbed our food and ran and then boarded the next three hours to make it one more time to our run before the lifts started closing at 4pm. When we got off the mountain we were the last people leaving on the last lift ride off the mountain. It was a great day! And the best part? Did I mention that I can CARVE? Yeah, baby. Front and back edges and carving side to side. I was totally blown away. After several really good falls I finally figured things out. I am SO excited for next season....